IDEAL FOR COMMERCIAL CONSTRUCTION
FOR STEEL AND
Download Specification PDFS
Structalath Twin Trac is an innovative reinforcing lath that simplifies the attachment of lath to wood and steel studs. Designed especially for commercial construction, Twin Trac has all the enhanced features of regular Structalath with the addition of eight secondary cold-rolled longitudinal wires that add strength to form a ‘track’ for convenient attachment. Twin Trac can be substituted wherever 2.5 metal lath has been specified. Structalath Twin Trac 316 is a reduced furr version that is used with 1/2″ stucco systems.
- Twin Trac is the only welded wire lath specifically designed to meet the challenges faced by commercial lathing contractors
- It is designed to provide easy attachment for both steel and wood-stud construction
- The innovative use of longitudinal wires create a series of eight 3/16″ spacing bands that act as a continuous washer. This design allows for the easy penetration of self-tapping screws, hand nails and a flat base for automatic staples, making application easier and faster
- Flat wires provide a pressure seal at the fastener point, reducing water leakage
- Twin Trac provides a minimum of 28 rugged furring points per square foot that ensure both superior embedment and crack resistance
- Twin Trac in rolls (compared with sheet) provides the most economical and cost-effective metal base for three-coat stucco commercial and residential construction projects
- It saves material at side and end laps, compared with metal lath sheets. The reduction of overlaps means fewer weak points, and therefore less shrinkage cracks
- The innovative design results in fewer callbacks
- Worker-friendly Twin Trac unwinds from the roll into the flat without curvature memory, making application easier
- Twin Trac provides convenient and simple installation
- Twin Trac is designed to minimize build-up at horizontal laps. Download Lapping Details here.
- The product is easy to manage on a scaffold, reducing worker fatigue and increasing productivity and job satisfaction
Find our products at a dealer near you by checking our comprehensive dealer list
ROLLS OUT FLAT AND STAYS FLAT
Structalath No. 17 1- 1/2″ x 1-1/2″ SF CR II is a welded wire lath engineered to enhance the performance of stucco cladding. Structalath reduces cracking and increases stucco embedment. Flattened line wires are integrated into the product to prevent damage to the vapour barrier and make the rolls easy to handle on the job-site with no spring back.
FOR STEEL AND WOOD FRAMING
Twin Trac features all of Structalath’s benefits with the addition of eight secondary cold-rolled longitudinal wires, adding weight and strength to create a ‘track’ that acts as a continuous washer for easy penetration of self-tapping screws, hand nails and a flat base for automatic staples. Twin Trac can be substituted wherever 2.5 metal lath has been specified.
LESS METAL, MORE STRENGTH
MegaLath is a dense and heavy-duty reinforcing product that weighs 1.95 lbs/yd2. MegaLath includes the Twin Trac feature as well as additional line wires for an extra-strong cement plaster base. It is approved for use on commercial and institutional projects and wherever 3.4 lb/yd2 diamond mesh metal lath has been specified. Mega Lath can also be installed 24″ OC over open framing.
STRAIGHT AND TRUE CORNERS
Structa V Truss Corner is engineered to provide superior reinforcement for stucco corners. The Truss design provides greater strength, ease of installation and increased embedment. With lots of nailing opportunities and the twin trac on edges, it increases rigidity. It is available in Bullnose, One Coat and Three Coat. Our loop design is exclusive to our specialty profiles: short Flange Bullnose Short Flange and Arch.
FOR OVERHEAD APPLICATIONS
V Truss for Walls & Ceilings is a stiff sheet product that is self-furred and is approved for use in place of 3.4 rib lath. VTWC improves the performance of stucco on overhead surfaces and eliminates the frustrations of overhead applications such as falling stucco, stucco build up at laps and poor embedment. Easy to install, this product assures a smooth ‘crack free’ soffit.
Structa Wire products are included in warranted systems:
Master Wall Joint Warranty
• Master Wall – Cemplaster with Structalath Twin Trac
• Master Wall – Cemplaster with Mega Lath