We are pleased to announce an improvement to our V Truss Walls & Ceilings product with addition of Twin Trac wires at every truss. V Truss for Walls & Ceilings was originally designed to improve the performance of stucco on overhead surfaces with key elements that work together to provide easy installation, decrease fall-out and a smooth ‘crack-free’ soffit.
Structa sought to create an updated Vtruss Walls & Ceilings sheet that could be meet the requirements for hurricane zones. By increasing the number of twin trac wires – now appearing at every truss – we have created a more robust sheet with extra fastening opportunities to meet higher wind load requirements.
- Twin Trac wires now appear at every truss – nominally every 2-inches
- Increased from 7 to 13 twin tracs
- More fastening opportunities for increased wind loads required in hurricane zones like Florida
- The standard installation doesn’t change from present practice. The installer continues to attach at every second truss at the redline marked on the kraft paper
- The allowable negative wind loading with the present fastening specification for wood framing having a minimum specific gravity of 0.42, allowable wind load is 35 psf. For steel framing, allowable wind load is 52 psf.
- Note: For applications with higher wind loads – please contact Structa Wire for fastening guidelines.